Roasted Vegetable & Cauliflower Rice Bowl
1 red onion, sliced
6 stalks asparagus, chopped
1 cup mushrooms, sliced
3 cups chopped kale
2 cups broccoli florets, fresh or frozen
1 cup frozen corn & edamame blend
2 cups cauliflower rice, fresh or frozen
1/2 cup Shredded sharp cheddar cheese
Seasonings of your choice (I used chili powder, cumin, black pepper, garlic salt)
TAHINI GINGER DRESSING:
1 Tbsp water
1 clove garlic minced
1 Tbsp minced ginger
1/2 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce
1-2 Tbsp tahini
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place asparagus, yellow squash, onions, and mushrooms into a large bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and season with oregano, chili powder, garlic salt, cumin and black pepper.
- Pour veggies onto baking tray and spread evenly throughout tray. Roast in the oven for 30-35 minutes (cooking times vary depending on size of vegetables).
- While vegetables are roasting, boil 4 cups of water in a large pot. Once water is boiling, add broccoli, kale, and corn/edamame blend into pot. Boil vegetables for 3-5 minutes or until mildly tender. Remove from heat and strain vegetables in colander. Set aside.
- Add 1 Tbsp olive oil to bottom of large pot and turn on medium heat. Add cauliflower rice and begin to sauté for 3-4 minutes until cooked, then lower heat to low. Season with oregano, chili powder, garlic salt, cumin, & black pepper. Add kale, broccoli, and corn mixture to pot and mix all together.
- Add cheddar cheese and mix cheese into vegetables until melted and turn off heat.
- Remove roasted asparagus and squash blend out of the oven.
- To plate, add 2 scoops of cauliflower rice, kale, & broccoli blend to a bowl. Top off with roasted vegetables (asparagus, squash, onion, mushroom).
- Drizzle with 2 Tbsp of tahini ginger dressing
- Enjoy a large bowl as a meal or a small bowl with a lean protein source like baked tofu or salmon, also great with a fried egg on top!